Thursday, April 10, 2008

The Dead Cricket Chronicles

So, if you reading this blog it means that you know where I work. And, in an effort to protect the innocent all references to specific names and places have been avoided. Besides, this is only my 5th week here, and I don't want to ruffle any feathers.

There's a dead cricket in the stairwell at my job. He's been here as long as I have. In fact, my colleague says that cricket was here when she started ... and that was 9 months ago!!! This blog is an ode to the deceased cricket. And I will blog his uneventful, purposeless and certainly oxymoronic "dead life" here.

Day 1

The cricket hasn't moved. I think he's lying on his back. Do crickets have those? Anyway, the news is ... he's dead. I wonder if his peeps are looking for him?

4 comments:

ShojinStudios said...

"All flying insects that walk on all fours are to be detestable to you. There are, however, some winged creatures that walk on all fours that you may eat: those that have jointed legs for hopping on the ground.Of these you may eat any kind of locust, katydid, CRICKET or grasshopper. But all other winged creatures that have four legs you are to detest."

-Leviticus 11

Having said that I'm gonna send you a bottle of SweetBabyRay's BBQ sauce! Bon Apetite!

Tru-- said...

If a cricket chirps in an empty stairwell, does it make a sound?

Perhaps he's asleep...don't crickets hibernate in the winter?

Hidaya said...

I've seen him too. He's been there for at least a year and 2 months. I've named him Lazarus. I'm praying that God will call him to come forth.

YORAE said...

"POOR JIMNEY CRICKETT"!
I BET PINOCHIO DROVE HIM TO HIS DEATH. LOL